I recently had the honor of being interviewed by Heather Bayer on her podcast, Vacation Rental Success.
We talked about my jump from the music business to real estate in LA.
We also dove into Stay Here.
One interesting thing Heather brought up was the difference between Stay Here and other home-makeover shows. Stay Here is primarily business/marketing/design focused, but we also consciously left out any mid-show drama (hot water heater breaking, roof leaks, etc), because we really desired to create an entertaining show that shared information based on our expertise.
If you've been around, you know that giving away is part of my niche. And that's why the short-term rental space and Stay Here fits so well into what I do. It gives to both parties involved.
And to that note, here are some helpful tips covered in this episode:
- If you are an owner with a limited budget, focus on cleanliness above all.
- To add to the above, use purposefully chosen (preferably new) furniture
- 🚫 old linens 🚫old furniture
- Experience is at least 50% of this business
- You HAVE to have your own social media profile for your STR, and the name should explain the property
- Just starting out? Where should you buy? Buy the property surrounded by the greatest amenities.
- Who is your target market? Listen to your space. Your space will usually dictate the crowd.
Finally, I'll leave you with this: Go after your niche and go after it hard.
Thanks for being part of the rebellion and for being here ❤️ Pete
For all of Heather’s Podcasts click here