Pete Lorimer Podcast - Move Fast and Break Things - Being Decisive in Business
This is a phrase that has been paramount in my ability to learn and grow at speed whilst accomplishing success in multiple businesses. Move fast and Break Things means to not sweat every minute detail and to have a stab at something even if you fall flat on your face and it ends up being a royal disaster. Fearing putting a step in the wrong direction is paralyzing to growth and moving swiftly whilst being aware that is can all blow up in your face is all part of the entrepreneurs journey. MF&BT is actually a phrase I borrowed from Facebooks own Mark Zuckerberg and it seems this ethos has stood him in good stead so we should all take a leaf out of his book and press forward with ideas at speed and without fear of egg on ones face.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thanks so much for being here. ❤️ P
Golden Nuggets from this episode:
[02:49] “One of the most important facets of me being able to have a successful business or businesses is, I move fast!”
[03:21] “MY Education or evidence only gets in 65% of the way the rest of it the 35% which I feel is the hardest, 35% of making any decision especially when it comes to changing direction is instinct.”
[04:24] “Perfection is the death of Industry.”
[07:14] “The amount of business owners that I have spoken to that have had all these great ideas and strategies and techniques and it never happens, is way more than hit the shipping date!”
[08:28] “the only commodity we have is time and if I don't try something because I'm afraid of what other people think, I have betrayed myself and taking a withdrawal out of my bank of days which is limited.
[08:56] “I would much rather run a thousand miles an hour into a brick wall then wonder “am I doing the right thing by not doing the right thing”?”
Thanks very much for listening...